Hair loss has a significant impact on self-esteem and can affect both men and women. Over time, more or less effective methods of combating baldness have been discovered and tested.
Hair transplantation is the most advanced method for restoring lost hair. This is defined by moving the hair follicles from one area of the body to another and can be achieved through various modes: flap, strip method (Follicular Unit Transplantation), FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), and DHI (Direct Hair Implant).
No matter which procedure is more suitable for you, you should always follow your doctor’s hair transplant maintenance advice following this surgery.
Advice to follow
Hair transplantation is an operation, and, as with any surgery, it takes time to get the desired results. So what should be done, but more importantly, what should not be done after a hair transplant?
After the operation, the hair grafts will fall in the first 10 days and up to 6 weeks. After this period, the hair will grow and continue this process for up to a year.
Here are some tips you need to follow if you have just undergone a hair transplant procedure.
- Sleep on your back using a medical pillow within the first 5 days after the operation.
- Avoid bowing your head in the first days after surgery, so the blood pressure will not reach the hair follicles.
- Try to wear easy-to-wear clothes to keep from reaching your scalp, especially in the first few weeks.
- Avoid touching the scalp, and do not scratch during the first 15 days after the operation.
- If the doctor does not recommend anything else, avoid drinking coffee and green tea.
- Avoid swimming in the pool and sauna 15 days after the surgery.
- Do not smoke at least one week after the operation.
- Avoid physical activities that require effort for about 2 months.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and hair dye for one month after the surgery.
- Alcohol consumption is forbidden in the first 3 days after the operation.
- Use very soft towels to dry the scalp after washing.
We recommend that you seek medical advice on the products used after surgery to ensure that their ingredients do not interfere with post-operative treatment.
At the same time, remember that the hair’s health depends on the whole body’s health, so make sure that the body is hydrated enough and that you follow a proper diet rich in vitamins and nutrients.
Risks and complications
Each procedure presents certain risks and limitations, which must be balanced with the benefits it brings. If the hair transplant maintenance procedures are not followed correctly, patients may struggle with risks and poor results.
The Hayat Med team believes that all patients should be informed with the utmost sincerity in this regard to make their own decision, follow the doctors’ advice and be aware of the implications of the surgery.
For all procedures, Hayat Med is staying at your disposal with great and experienced doctors.