Beauty requires sacrifices, especially for women. Aging is a scary topic for most of us, as we try to stop time and even reverse it using anti-aging cosmetic products and facial treatments.
Even if we recognize it or not, women are more likely to develop wrinkles and saggy skin over time because of feminine hormones and increased sensitivity and empathy.
Types of Facelift Surgery
To start with, what is facelift surgery? Over time, the skin loses its elasticity and muscle tone, which results in a shaggy appearance.
So what does a facelift do? This surgery, also called rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic procedure that improves skin quality, gives tone to muscles, and raises shaggy skin.
During facelift surgery, the skin on every side of the face is pulled back, which gives the face a more youthful shape.
There are more types of facelifts, depending on your needs: mini-facelift, mid-facelift, deep plane facelift, silhouette install ft, and neck liposuction.
Why is it done?
As the skin loses its elasticity over the years, many women feel the need to recover their skin condition and offer their face a better contour.
A facelift surgery includes some advantages for a cosmetic outcome as follows:
- removes the sagging appearance of your skin
- removes the excess skin on the lower jawline
- fills in the deep lines from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth
- If the procedure includes a neck lift, it removes the sagging skin and the excess fat on the neck.
Like any other surgery, a facelift can cause some complications as well. Proficient doctors can manage most of them with the right medication and appropriate care.
However, there are some long-term complications, which may cause some temporary or permanent changes in appearance:
- Hematoma- a collection of blood in certain places under the skin. It is immediately treated with surgery, so it will not damage the skin or the other tissues.
- Scarring – the incisions made for a facelift are permanent, but they are located in the hairline or on the face’s natural contours. However, if the incisions become red and ugly, doctors can inject some substances to improve their appearance.
- Nerve injury –Nerves can be injured temporarily or permanently, affecting the sensation or muscle control.
Facelift surgery facts
The recovery after a facelift is not complicated and does not involve high pain.
However, you may experience some mild pain, swelling, numbness, bruising, and drainage from the incision.
Self-care at home is essential in the first month, which minimizes the risk of complications.
Your surgeon will give you all the necessary care instructions. If you wonder how much a facelift costs, be aware that Turkey has lower prices in all of Europe.
In Turkey, the cost of a facelift arranges between $4,000 and $5,000, which is a few thousand dollars less than in other countries.
That is why many Europeans opt for doing facelifts abroad.
HayatMed, located in Istanbul, is highly experienced in performing Face Lift (Rhytidectomy) surgeries with satisfactory results according to our patients’ evaluations.
Click here for more information about the exact price. and more information about Types of Facelift Surgery from our medical counselor