A breast Implant is usually stable and lasts for a long time, but mostly, it doesn’t last forever.
When you think of undergoing Breast Augmentation, you should keep in mind that you may need to remove or replace the implants one day.
Breast implant removal or replacement, or second Boobs Job, is a surgical procedure to remove and/or replace your implants for cosmetic or health reasons. The doctors may also combine it with the Breast Lift procedure.
Table Of Contents
Reasons for Breast Implant Removal or Replacement Surgery
You may consider undergoing implant removal or replacement surgery for
the following reasons:
- After several years of breast augmentation surgery, you may not be satisfied with your breast appearance and want to return to a smaller boobs size. Furthermore, many factors may affect breast enlargement results and make you unhappy with it, such as pregnancy, age, and weight loss or gain.
- You may want to do a corporal activity that your large breast size may be an obstacle for you to do, such as playing tennis or running.
- You may experience problems caused by breast implants, such as implant rupture or damage, which leads to an imbalance of breast appearance.
- The patient may feel that the large breast size you got many years ago is no longer suitable for trends these days. So you aspire to change your body curves to fit the new requirements.
- You may be unhappy with the poor result of your previous implants and want it to be corrected.
Before you rush to schedule a Breast implant removal or replacement procedure, please meet your specialist to check your status and determine whether it works well for you.
With HayatMed, ensure that you will get the right diagnosis from the best consultant plastic surgeons to achieve the desired results at an affordable cost. Click here to take advantage of free counsel immediately.
Preparing for Breast Implant Removal or Replacement Surgery
During the consultation, the surgeon will:
- Check your medical history by asking many questions like your medical problems, previous surgeries, and used medication.
- Make a physical examination and ask for a blood test.
- Examine the previous implants and sagging status. Sometimes, you may need an MRI scan.
- Expound the possible procedure according to your needs, expected results, side effects, and risks associated with this procedure.
- Explain all instructions to follow them before and after the process.
On the other hand, you should tell the surgeon all your expectations and what result you aspire.
Furthermore, be sure that you get all the answers to your questions before leaving the surgeon’s clinic, then you can make the right decision according to the diagnosis.
At the end of the consultation, the surgeon will inform you of the best procedure for achieving the desired results or whether you need breast lift surgery to complement this process. Click here to book a free consultation at HayatMed.
Breast Implant Removal or Replacement Procedure
In general, the surgeon will perform the surgery under general anesthesia, so you will not feel any pain.
There are three main types of this procedure according to the desired breast look and the status of the current implants:
1.Breast Implant Removal
The surgeon will remove your old implants using the existing scars. Then he/she will close the incisions with stitches and cover your breasts with gauze.
This procedure is appropriate for you if you are no longer happy with your large breasts and want to return to your natural breast shape.
Or your health conditions prevent having a new implant.
The main disadvantage of implant removal is that your breasts’ skin will lose its firm and look flabby.
2.Breast Implant Removal with Breast Lift
The surgeon will remove your old implants using the existing scars. Then he/she will remove the loose skin, reshape the breasts, reposition the nipples, and reduce the size of the areola area to fit the new breast shape.
The surgeon will close the incisions with stitches and cover your breasts with gauze to complete the procedure.
This procedure will help you to recover the previous breast firmness.
3.Breast Implant Removal and Replacement
The surgeon will remove your old implants using the existing scars and insert the new ones. Then he/she will close the incision stitches and cover your breasts with gauze.
This process is suitable for you if you want to keep a full breast appearance, but at the same time, you experience some problems related to the previous implants. You can also choose a new shape, size, or type of implant.
A second boobs job is usually more complicated than the first one. It takes more time than your previous breast enlargement surgery and may be more expensive.
Before undergoing Breast Implant Removal and Replacement, the essential step is to choose the right plastic surgeon who can decide which type is the best for you.
Keep in mind that with HayatMed, you will deal with the most experienced surgeons in Turkey who achieved many successful results in the plastic surgery field.
recovery from breast implant removal
After the surgery, you will be in the recovery room under observation by the medical crew, avoiding any complications.
According to your procedure, you may have a thin tube to discharge the excess blood or fluids. The surgeon will remove them after a few days.
You will experience swelling in the breast area, which will fade during the first month after the operation.
Keep in mind that you will stay at the hospital for one night or as per the doctor’s instructions.
So, it would be best to have someone to be with you, or HayatMed will offer someone to stay with you. Click here to get more information.
Your surgeon will explain what you will need for self-care during the healing period,
- Wear a special bra for a few days.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid any contact with the breasts area.
- Get enough rest.
- Sleep on your back or sides to avoid any pressure on your breast.
- Avoid lifting heavy things for six weeks.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities for six weeks.
- Reduce smoking as possible.
- Avoid sex for two weeks.
- Avoid the sun’s rays.
Furthermore, the surgeon will prescribe a painkiller to take when it is needed and an antibiotic.
The average recovery time for Breast Implant Removal and Replacement is approximately two weeks; then, you can back to your routine activities.
Side effects of Breast Implant Removal or Replacement Procedure
The side effects of this surgery are different depending on the type of procedure you do.
Some common side effects of all types:
- Pain and Numbness in your breasts area.
- Changing in sensation in both breasts and nipples.
- Temporary bruising.
- Permanent Scars will be visible but may fade over time.
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia.
Furthermore, you may feel your breast harder than usual if you have new implants.
Do not hesitate to contact your surgeon immediately if you feel any unfamiliar complications.
breast implant removal costs
It isn’t easy to give a price for this procedure due to the significantly different types.
You need to consult with your surgeon, who can decide the proper option for you and its cost.
Noteworthy is that the surgery’s cost in some places may not include all fees. We offer you at HayatMed, a fully inclusive fee package. Click here to get the exact price for the guaranteed results from HayatMed. Or contact us on WhatsApp.
Click here to get more information about Gynecomastia.
Share the Article