The importance of having a healthy vagina is self-explanatory. A wide range of procedures are conducted to treat vaginal problems like pelvic pain, decreased sexual enjoyment, and these can be majorly intimidating going on the record. That guide will take you through the vaginoplasty procedure from beginning to end so that you’ll know everything you should before moving forward.
What Is Vaginoplasty?
Undergoing vaginal rejuvenation surgery, also called vaginal tightening or rejuvenation, is one of the many surgical cosmetic procedures to tighten stretched vaginal muscles and narrow the vaginal canal. Here are some benefits of vaginal rejuvenation:
It is tightening and narrowing of the vaginal canal to its previous state. It reduces urinary incontinence, enhances self-confidence, and expands sexual satisfaction. Vaginal rejuvenation surgery usually lasts 5-7 hours and 5 days postoperatively in hospital stays.
What Causes a Loose Vagina?
The causes of a loose vagina can vary, and the condition is often associated with menopause, childbirth, and hormonal changes.
However, many other factors can also affect how tight your vagina is. These include
- Menopause: Hormonal shifts during menopause can lead to vaginal looseness.
- Childbirth: Vaginal delivery can weaken vaginal muscles, causing laxity.
- Hormonal Changes: Pregnancy, menopause, or hormone therapy can affect vaginal tightness.
- Aging: Collagen, crucial for vaginal structure, naturally decreases with age.
- Medications: Some drugs, like those for depression or high blood pressure, may impact vaginal tone.
- Genetics: Genetic variations influence initial vaginal tightness due to differing collagen levels.
- Physical Trauma: Pelvic injuries, especially during significant trauma, may result in vaginal laxity, potentially affecting sexual comfort, especially with a large penis size difference. Understanding these factors helps address vaginal laxity effectively.
Who Are The Suitable Candidates For Vaginal Tightening Surgery?
Ideal Candidates for Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery:
- Healthy Women with Realistic Expectations: Those in good health who understand what the procedure can achieve.
- Menopausal Women Seeking Improved Sexual Experiences: Women going through menopause aiming to enhance their sexual well-being.
- Post-Childbirth Women Done with Pregnancy: Women no longer plan to have more children after challenging childbirths.
- Age 18 and Above: Generally safe for all women aged 18 and older, with or without specific age limits.
- Addressing Vaginal Laxity: Beneficial for restoring vaginal tightness and addressing laxity.
- Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence: Useful for managing urinary incontinence linked to physical activities.
- Boosting Self-Confidence: This can help improve self-confidence and body image.
- Consultation is Crucial: Consult a qualified healthcare professional to assess suitability and discuss expectations.
- Prioritize Safety: Choose an experienced, certified surgeon for a safe procedure.
What Does A Vaginoplasty Do?
Vaginoplasty tightens the vaginal canal, increases its depth and width, reshapes the labia (the lips of skin on either side of the vagina), and improves sensitivity. The procedure may also help you look like you want to.
- Increases the length of a vagina by trimming away some pubic fat and skin while retaining supporting muscles
- Increases the width of a vagina by cutting away excess fat, tightening surrounding muscles, then stretching them back out again over the increased length
- Enhances appearance with a variety of techniques, including reshaping labia, making them smaller or larger depending on what you prefer
A lot has been said about how important it is for women to feel confident in their bodies. Vaginal rejuvenation surgery helps with that because it can significantly improve your confidence and appearance.
What Are The Benefits Of Vaginoplasty?
There are many benefits to Vaginoplasty in Turkey, including the following:
- Achieve a Feminine Appearance: Vaginoplasty can create a vagina resembling that of cisgender women, enhancing your overall feminine look.
- Enhance Sexual Satisfaction: Restoring a functional vaginal canal allows for penetrative sex, fulfilling an aspect often missed post-transition.
- Boost Self-Esteem and Confidence: A more feminine appearance can significantly improve self-esteem and how others perceive you, increasing confidence in social and professional settings.
vaginaplasty in Turkey At Best Prices
Packages include medical fees, hospital accommodation, airport transfers, and personal host.
How do you prepare before Vaginal Tightening Surgery?
Before the operation, you will talk with the surgeon about the following:
- Your goals and why you want this procedure.
- About your medical history.
- Your current medical condition.
- What kind of medicine do you take, if any?
While your surgeon will:
- Evaluate your health status.
- Examine the vaginal area.
- Ask for lab tests.
- Discuss the likely results of the surgery, risks, and complications.
How is a vaginoplasty done?
- Anesthesia for Comfort: Surgery is done under general anesthesia, ensuring you’re pain-free and asleep.
- Sterile Operating Room: In a sterile environment, the two-hour procedure begins.
- Precision Incisions: Surgeons make incisions above the anus-vagina transition and inside the vaginal canal, sometimes requiring stitches.
- Excess Skin Removal: Unwanted skin around the labia is removed, providing a cleaner appearance.
- Enhancing Appearance: Soft tissue grafts or fat injections are added for a natural look and maintained flexibility.
- Prior Scars and Recovery: Prior scars or post-surgery issues may impact candidacy. Patients should avoid injury-prone activities for about six weeks post-surgery to reduce infection and bleeding risks. Consult your surgeon for personalized guidance.
Recovering from a vaginoplasty
Recovery time from vaginoplasty surgery will depend on which kind of procedure was performed.
- One-Night Hospital Stay: You’ll stay in the hospital for one night for observation.
- Six Weeks Off Work: Plan for about six weeks off work, with the option for more, if needed, to recover fully.
- Avoid Strain: Steer clear of strenuous activities for six weeks.
- Doctor’s Clearance: Wait for your doctor’s approval before swimming, hitting the gym, or getting massages.
- Common Discomfort: Expect vaginal soreness and pelvic discomfort; relieve it by sitting on a pillow between your legs.
- Temporary Numbness: Genital numbness is common but temporary, usually lasting up to three months post-surgery.
What are the expected risks of Vaginal Tightening Surgery?
Fortunately, the risks of this operation are rare. However, like any other operation, there are some potential complications,
- Changes in sensation
- Permanent Scarring
Finding a surgeon with long experience in the vaginal procedures field is essential.
At HayatMed, we have the best general surgeon in cosmetic procedures, particularly vaginal surgeries. They can help you achieve stunning results and avoid medical mistakes.
vaginaplasty in Turkey At Best Prices
Packages include medical fees, hospital accommodation, airport transfers, and personal host.
At HayatMed Clinic, the price of vaginoplasty surgery varies based on various factors, including its specific application and associated medical expenses. Our highly trained medical team tailors each procedure specifically to individual requirements for maximum success.
HayatMed Clinic offers patients a comprehensive assessment and consultation to address their goals and concerns before developing a customized treatment plan that ensures patient comfort, safety, and satisfaction – the hallmarks of excellent vaginoplasty surgery services.
How much does a vaginoplasty cost in Turkey?
Vaginoplasty costs in Turkey vary widely depending on where and who performs the procedure, with an estimated average price of around $2600 expected for treatment in most clinics and cities across Turkey.
That price includes all fees associated with surgery, including anesthesia and meals during your stay. Furthermore, additional services like liposuction or breast augmentation may cost extra.
How much does a vaginoplasty cost in the US?
Vaginoplasty costs in the US typically range between $4,000 and $20,000. Recovery after vaginoplasty depends upon your unique circumstances and any potential complications during surgery, so please check our Recovery Time Estimator page before making your decision.
Depending on the patient, recovery time from vaginal rejuvenation surgery typically ranges between one and two weeks.
How Do I Choose Between a Vulvoplasty and Vaginoplasty?
Vaginoplasty can provide an effective and minimally invasive method to tighten and reduce labia appearance, offering both tightening and reduced labia size benefits.
But for more minor enhancements of size and tightness, vulvoplasty might be the better choice. The procedure entails tightening and lifting only the vaginal walls without disturbing other tissues, such as the labia.
While both procedures may produce similar outcomes, they differ significantly in many respects.
Vaginoplasty can be an excellent way for women to enhance their sexual experience or boost self-confidence, as it reduces vaginal laxity that causes painful intercourse or makes orgasm harder.
Additionally, this procedure takes just a few hours and has minimal downtime afterward, enabling you to quickly resume life while reaping the benefits of tightening your vagina.
Contact Us Today
Vaginoplasty Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Anesthesia type For vaginaloplasty?
Local anesthesia is used to numb the area surrounding your vagina. That type of anesthesia does not usually make a person sleepy or tired.
General anesthesia, also called being put to sleep, puts you in a deep sleep so you don’t feel any pain during surgery. If you have other health conditions or take certain medications, you might need that type of anesthesia.
You can also have a combination of local and general anesthesia, which doctors call “general with sedation.” That type of procedure is proper when extensive surgical changes and repairs are needed in the vaginal area; it allows patients to experience less pain while being woken up after surgery.
Is the vaginal reconstruction surgery painful?
Most patients opt for this surgery under general anesthetic to minimize pain during and after the process; however, you will experience discomfort that will usually dissipate over the following days with medication prescribed to you.
Do I need to stop taking hormones before vaginoplasty?
Before going forward with vaginoplasty surgery, it would be in your best interests to discontinue all hormone use at least three weeks prior. Your surgeon will advise when it’s safe to resume taking hormones based on your medical history and the type of procedure performed.
If you take testosterone medication, discontinuing use can help lessen its harmful side effects on your body and positively impact surgery outcomes. It would help if you discussed this matter with your surgeon first to avoid any negative repercussions from their decision.
Do I need to have hair removal before vaginoplasty?
Before considering vaginoplasty, understanding your hair removal needs is key. Depending on your preferences and doctor’s advice, hair can be removed through laser, electrolysis, or waxing treatments.
Hair removal should be attempted four times before surgery for optimal results. With laser hair removal, please be mindful that each treatment could make your skin more sensitive; always consult a medical provider before undertaking these treatments outside their Clinic.
Will I need to use a vaginal dilator?
We will supply you with vaginal dilators, and you’ll be instructed on how to use them. The goal of using the dilators is twofold:
- To help increase lubrication and decrease pain during sexual activity. While these steps will take some time (typically 6–8 months), they are essential to ensure a positive experience.
- To maintain the results of your surgery by keeping the walls of your vagina strong and flexible.
What are the alternatives to vaginoplasty?
If you want to enhance the appearance of your vagina, vulvoplasty may be right for you. This procedure aims to tighten and decrease the size of the vaginal opening for greater comfort and less leakage.
Vulvoplasty can also be considered an alternative method for labiaplasty, with it aims to decrease either labia minora (inner lips) or labia majora (outer lips) of the vulva.
Surgery to make the labia smaller may involve extracting extra tissue and closing incisions with sutures. Or you could opt for labia reduction surgery, which removes extra skin from either side and results in a slimmer profile.
Can vaginoplasty make you too tight?
Contrary to popular belief, vaginal tightness should not be seen as an issue – quite the contrary! Understanding that vaginas were designed to be tight is essential.
Sex should stretch the walls of the vagina slightly during sex without becoming so loose as an inflatable kiddie pool (though this should still happen). Over time, repeat sexing can weaken our pelvic floor muscles.
That can lead to problems like incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse (when organs shift out of position), seriously impacting quality-of-life issues and increasing cancer risks. So if you feel tight after surgery, don’t fret: chances are good it is healthy!
Can I get vaginoplasty and labiaplasty in one surgery?
Yes, vaginoplasty and labiaplasty can be combined into one surgery, often known as “vaginoplasty with labiaplasty.” This combined procedure can address both aesthetic and functional concerns simultaneously.
Does insurance cover vaginoplasty?
Vaginoplasty recovery times vary for each individual and could take several weeks to months. You may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort following the procedure; therefore, you must heed any post-op care instructions provided by your surgeon as soon as you return.
Strenuous activities should be avoided until full recovery and return to regular activities have taken place – which could take 6-8 weeks or longer before regular activities can resume as expected.
Is vaginoplasty safe?
Vaginoplasty, like any surgical procedure, entails some risks. However, when performed by a qualified and experienced surgeon in a reputable medical facility, gynecological surgery should generally be considered safe. To lower risks related to surgery further, you must conduct extensive research on your surgeon, discuss potential risks with them directly, and follow pre/post-operative care instructions fully.
Is vaginoplasty worth it?
Vaginoplasty is an individual decision, dependent on your goals and needs. Some choose it to address functional concerns, while others opt for aesthetic reasons or gender confirmation surgery as part of a package deal. When making this choice, you must identify your motivations, expectations, potential risks, and possible outcomes before making your final decision.
Are you experiencing pain and swelling around the opening of your anus? There is a good chance you have an anal fistula, and you should visit