Your Guide for All on 4 Dental Implants: Pros, Cons, Alternatives, Procedure, Cost and More
Full mouth dental implants procedure is a quite helpful long-term solution for people who suffer missing teeth.
Nowadays, All on 4 Dental Implants procedure is a revolutionary solution that allows whole new teeth set to be supported by only four implants.
To better understand about All on 4 procedure and why it gives the best solution for missing teeth, do not hesitate to contact HayatMed to get your free consultation.
You’ll be satisfied with our dental technology and the expert dentists who guarantee you stunning results.
Table Of Contents
The Difference Between The All on 4 Dental Implants and Traditional Full Mouth Implants
- The new Teeth can be implanted and fitted in a day: It is a severe development of traditional implant procedures, which needs about six months to be completed with long recovery time at each stage of the surgery. Using this process means that you can get your new smile at the same appointment. This feature gave All on 4 procedure the name Teeth in a Day, Same Day Teeth, or Smile in a Day.
- Angled posterior implant for an ideal strength: During the traditional i2mplant procedure, the implant is inserted vertically at a 90-degree angle, while in All on 4 processes, the rear implant is used at a 45-degree angle. It is a solution for people who suffer bone loss, so they will not need a bone graft.
- Only four implants are needed per jaw: A full mouth implants procedure using traditional methods require from eight to ten implants per jaw, while the All-on-4 process needs only four. In some cases, may five or more are required on the upper jaw because of lower bone density.
All on 4 procedure Pros and Cons
All-on-4 dental implants process has many benefits compared with the traditional implants and removable dentures.
- Faster treatment and recovery time
- Teeth extraction and Implants placed on the same day.
- Stable and comfortable body to support crowns and bridges
- Fixed permanently so no need to remove the denture for cleaning
- Don’t slip or fall out during speaking or eating
- Appropriate for people with jaw bone loss
- Less cost.
While some of All on 4 Cons are:
- Its Result may not be as good as with the other types of implants.
- Some people experience problems like spitting or hissing while speaking.
- A single implant fault may cause problems with the whole jaw.
- Not available on all dentists’ clinics.
You should take all the pros and cons of this method into consideration before deciding which is the suitable procedure to replace your teeth.
Contact HayatMed to find out the proper teeth implants procedure for you.
Preparation before the all on 4 dentures procedure
Before the surgery, you need to meet your specialist to check your suitability for the process.
The dentist will make an x-ray image for the jaw. An x-ray will show the state of your teeth and the jaw bone density.
If you are the right candidate and decide to undergo it, the surgeon will determine the places where the implants will be inserted, take dental impressions, and send it to a laboratory.
The All-on-4 Dental Implant Procedure
Before the surgery, the dentist will anesthetize you with local anesthesia so you will not feel any pain. Before your dentist inserts your implants, you may need to have teeth extracted. This step can be done at the same appointment.,
Next, the dentist will clean your mouth to remove bacteria or any damaged tissue.
Then he or she will drill two or more holes at the front of your jaw to insert the front implants. One hole on each side – Two holes at the rear are angled to support the rear of the bridge.
After that, the surgeon will clean your mouth and close the incisions.
On the same day, the dentist will fit your new teeth. Some specialists create a temporary denture at this step, which will replace it after a few months.
It is made from resin, which is lighter than the permanent one to reduce the pressure on your implants while they heal.
Recovery After All on 4 Surgery
After the process, your mouth will take time to recover. You will experience some swelling, bruising, and general discomfort in the following few days.
You’ll probably need to take a week off work to recover fully.
The dentist will prescribe painkillers and antibiotics and advise you on the type of foods you can and cannot eat in the next months.
You’ll tend to eat very soft foods to avoid pressure on the implants. He or she will also advise you to avoid smoking and heavy exercise for a while.
The All on 4 dental implants recovery time is approximately three months. Once you have recovered fully, you’ll be able to eat normally.
Keep in mind that it’s essential to brush and floss your teeth twice per day to keep your gums and implants healthy.
Furthermore, you should visit your dentist periodically to check the status of the tooth implant.
At HayatMed, we provide free aftercare services. Click here to get more information.
Alternative Treatments to All on four Dental Implants
Traditional Method for Teeth Implants
A full mouth implants procedure using the traditional method is a combination of implant-supported bridges and tooth implants.
By Bridges, several teeth can be supported by one implant instead of one implant per tooth. This process requires eight to ten implants per jaw.
While the All on 4 technique requires four implants, which makes this process quicker, and more comfortable, and its cost is lower because it needs less time and materials.
Furthermore, All on 4 dental implants needs less healing period, the dentist can implant and fix the teeth at the same visit while the patient has to wait for six months for recovery with the traditional method.
Removable dentures or known as false teeth are consist of an acrylic base and teeth made from porcelain or resin. They are placed over the gums and fixed in place either with suction alone or with a dental sticky.
The supporting bones of the denture often shrink over time. It means that you need to replace the denture regularly due to this change to avoid any problems.
If you have a removable denture, you should remove it once per day for cleaning, while All-on-4 dental implants are stable in place and act just like your natural teeth.
Removable dentures cost less than any implants methods, but you do need to replace them every five years on average.
All on 4 dental implants cost
There are many factors involved with All on four procedure cost, so you’ll need to get a personalized price from your dentist during the consultation.
Some of these factors:
- Gum problems, if any.
- Used materials Quality.
- The dentist who is performing the surgery
- The clinic region.
HayatMed, which located in Istanbul, Turkey, is the cheapest way to do an all on four dental implants compared with the neighboring and European countries.
Our dentists are well trained in all implants methods and have been achieved satisfactory results in the dental field.
- Beauty & Health (2)
- Botox Injections (1)
- Brazilian Butt Lift (2)
- Breast Augmentation (2)
- Breast Implant (5)
- Breast Lift (2)
- Breast Reduction (1)
- Cancer Treatments (1)
- Dental Treatments (7)
- Dental Veneers (7)
- DHI (1)
- Eyelid Surgery (1)
- Face Aesthetic (2)
- Face Lift (3)
- Fat Transfer (2)
- Fertility Treatments (1)
- FUE (6)
- Gastric Bypass (2)
- Gastric Sleeve (1)
- Genital Procedures (2)
- Hair Transplant (11)
- LASIK (1)
- Liposuction (2)
- Liver Transplant (1)
- Mommy Makeover (1)
- Optics (1)
- Plastic Surgeries (11)
- PRP (1)
- Radiation Therapy (2)
- Rhinoplasty (4)
- Skin Care (3)
- Teeth Whitening (1)
- Tummy Tuck (3)
Get Free Consultation
Share the Article