Fat transfer is a procedure used to transfer fat from a specific area in the body to another area.
Many people are not satisfied with the oversize of some places in their bodies, such as the hips, belly, or buttocks. At the same time, they desire to increase the size of another area, such as lips, face, or breasts.
The fat transfer procedure can achieve their desires by moving the fat from the areas with excess fat and injecting it into another area to improve its volume. It is a popular procedure, plenty of people undergo fat grafting yearly, and they are satisfied with the results.
At HayatMed, we have the best cosmetic surgeons in Turkey who have extensive plastic surgery. We can guarantee you to get featured services, competitive cost, and successful results. Click here to book an appointment for a free consultation.
Table Of Contents
Preparing for Fat transfer
Before scheduling a fat transfer procedure, the most critical step is to choose a reliable clinic or hospital because it is a precise process that needs a medical crew with extensive experience in the fat grafting surgery field and a hospital that has advanced equipment types.
During the consultation, you will discuss with your surgeon the following points:
- The surgeon will check your medical history by asking many questions like your medical problems, previous surgeries, and used medication. He/she will do a physical examination and ask for you a blood test.
- The surgeon will take photos of both the donor area and the receiving area. He/she may use them to compare the treated areas before and after the surgery.
- You and your surgeon will decide whether he/she will perform the fat grafting surgery with local anesthesia or general anesthesia.
- You’ll talk honestly to your surgeon about what you hope to accomplish by having this procedure. It is necessary to know what is the expected results.
The surgeon will explain the risks and complications of the process extensively, in addition to a list of the instructions which you must follow accurately. Click here to get an appointment for a free consultation with HayatMed.
Fat transfer risks
Every surgical procedure is associated with certain risks.
You must understand the expected hazards of the fat transfer procedure before deciding to undergo it. These risks include :
• Excessive bleeding.
• Blood clots.
• Fat tissue death.
• An unbalanced look, may the patient needs to repeat the procedure.
• Blood or fluid accumulation under the skin
you can reduce the possibility of Fat transfer risks by choosing a certified surgeon who successfully results in this field. With HayatMed, you can be sure that you will get the best medical services in Turkey besides affordable costs.
This is the second time I have used the medical services of the Hiatmed company in Istanbul and I must point out that I have received a commendation in all aspects. The most advanced medical services, professional and pleasant doctors, the most advanced equipment in the world, service, warranty, personal response, fast, reliable! The people themselves are charming. Highly recommend their services! Everything they promised and said was done exactly
Such a great experience, they organised everything so well, they didn't let me alone during the process, I ve been really well treated. I came for a rhinoplasty from Spain on my own and the team was there for me during the whole stayment. The hospital is very professional and clean. Everything went right. Thanks to them for helping me and assisting me in everything.
I had a gastric botox injection 7 months ago and till now it was an incredible result, thanks to the doctor and all the team
HayatMed Clinic has very professional and friendly staff. I had a lot of doubts about Rhinoplasty operation. They answered all my questions patiently. They took care of everything from beginning to end. Pre-planned an amazing doctor and a hospital, picked me up at the airport, provided me with a variety of hotels to pick from, showed me around the amazing city and many more. My doctor was very caring and competent. He explained to me everything about the operation and medical procedures in detail. Hospital was sparkling clean. Overall, I have been extremely happy with the service I received. I would have given 10 stars if I could!
Fat grafting procedure
This procedure takes place in three stages as the following:
- Fat extraction: The surgeon will make small incisions in the donor area where he/she wants to remove the fat from it, generally of the belly, thighs, or hips. Then, he/she will use a thin tube to extract the fat. Afterward, closing the incisions with stitches.
- Preparation: The surgeon will process the removed fat with special equipment to purify the fat from blood or any other impurities.
- Fat injection: Your surgeon will insert a needle or syringe into the incision point of the treated, such as the face, breast, hips, or buttocks. He/she will pass the needle into the area several times to inject a tiny amount of fat into the skin.
The surgeon may overfill the treated area because the body will reabsorb the injected fat over time, so the treated area loses some volume.
Fat grafting is usually a painless procedure taking about one hour. However, you may feel pain later through the two weeks after the surgery.
After Fat grafting surgery
After the process, you will be in the recovery room under observation by the medical crew to avoid any unexpected complications.
Often you will be able to go back home on the same day unless your surgeon finds that you need to stay at the hospital for more time.
The surgeon will describe to you a painkiller to use when needed, antibiotic ointment, and antiseptic lotion. Furthermore, He/she will explain to you all the instructions which you must follow after the surgery.
Keep in mind that you need someone to accompany you at least the first day after the operation, or HayatMed will provide someone to stay with you. Click here to get more information.
Fat transfer complications
Some side effects may associate with fat grafting procedure, for instance:
- The treated areas will swell directly after the operation, but this swelling will start to improve gradually and disappear after about two weeks.
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia.
You must follow up with your surgeon during the healing period to ensure that the complications you have are expected and will go away in time.
Recovery after the fat grafting procedure
Your surgeon will give you
some recovery tips which are useful to quick healing time. Such as:
- Avoid strenuous physical activities.
- Get enough rest.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid any contact with the treated area.
- Follow a particular type of diet, like eating fruits and vegetables.
The expected fat grafting recovery time is about two weeks. Then you will be able to back to your daily activity.
Fat Grafting results
The side effects after fat transfer surgery may take a couple of weeks to disappear then you will start to notice the improvement in the treated areas.
It may take a few months to have the final results. Then you will enjoy your new shapely look and gain more confidence.
Keep in mind that in some cases, you may need additional sessions to get the required results. Furthermore, fat grafting results may not be permanent because the body may absorb the fat over time.
Fat transfer cost
This procedure is quite expensive as a result of its complexity. The fat transfer cost varies depending on the geographic location, procedure complexity, and the surgeon’s experience.
It may be difficult to determine the exact price for fat transfer surgery before the consultation because the surgeon needs to check your case and specify the required process.
In Turkey, you can gain the required results and saving money compared with other places such as the USA or the UK.
Share the Article
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FAT TRANSFER TO HIPS PROCEDURE It’s essential to feel confident about your body, as
For many women, the struggle for the hourglass figure is an unrealized dream. Despite dieting and hours on the treadmill,