Female Breast Reduction is a procedure to remove the excess fat from the breasts to make them smaller and give them a better appearance.
It is a common procedure; many women all over the world undergo a reduction mammoplasty process for aesthetic reasons or health concerns.
Table Of Contents
Why you opt for a Breast Reduction procedure?
Women who have a large breast suffer from problems
• Backache and pain in the breasts, shoulder, and neck.
• Inflammation under the breasts.
• Difficulty finding suitable clothes and bra which fit them.
• Difficulty doing exercises.
• Feeling embarrassed because of the breast’s shape.
Breasts reduction procedure helps women to gain self-confidence and solve health problems caused by the large breast size.
In general, there is no specific age to undergo this process. However,
the surgeon may ask to postpone this procedure for the following reasons:
- Teenagers may need to wait until the breast growth is complete.
- Women who still think of having children also need to wait. This process may cause breastfeeding problems.
- Women who plan to lose weight should postpone the procedure because losing weight may cause changes in the breast’s size and shape.
It is better to meet a plastic surgeon to check whether this process will achieve your desired results or not.
At HayatMed, we offer a free consultation with highly skilled plastic surgeons. We can help you professionally to get the right decision according to your condition. Click here to get your appointment immediately.
Breast Reduction Options
There are two ways to reduce your breast size:
- Breast Reduction by open surgery.
- Breast Reduction by Liposuction.
The surgeon will choose the type which is suitable for your needs.
Using Liposuction is an alternative to Breast reduction by open surgery.
It is a cosmetic procedure to reduce the breast size by removing the excess fat from the breast area.
In this process, the plastic surgeon can remove only the excess fat while he/she can remove both excess fat and skin by surgery. So, you may need breast lifting after Liposuction to improve breast appearance.
This type has many features, such as:
- The healing period is faster compared with surgical procedures.
- It needs a small incision so the scar will be invisible after Liposuction.
- This procedure causes fewer side effects than the surgical procedure.
- It doesn’t affect on breastfeeding after
- It costs less than the surgical procedure.
However, not all cases are appropriate for Liposuction, so check with your surgeon about which procedure is the best for you.
By open surgery
During the consultation, you will discuss with your surgeon about
the following points:
- The surgeon will check your medical history by asking many questions like your medical problems, previous surgeries, and used medication. He/she will make a physical examination and may ask for a blood test.
- Furthermore, he/she will examine the breast size, shape, nipple area, and sagging status.
- The surgeon will explain the expected results depending on your condition besides all the risks associated with this surgery.
- The surgeon will explain to you all the instructions which you must follow it before and after the surgery.
- You will tell the surgeon about the shape and size which you want to your breasts.
Before scheduling the procedure, make sure to choose an independent surgeon with extensive experience in the plastic surgery field.
With HayatMed, our plastic surgeons will give you enough time to get all the information related to this surgery. They will help you to get the right decision according to your needs. Click here to get your free consultation.
During the procedure, you will be under general anesthesia, so you will not feel any pain.
The surgeon will make an incision to start the procedure.
There are three options of the incision’s location:
- Around the areola area.
- Starting from the area around the areola and towards under the breast(A keyhole-shaped incision).
- T-shaped incision.
After that, he/she will remove excess fat and tissues and reshaping the nipples to be in the right location.
To complete the process, the surgeon will close the incision with sutures and cover your breasts with gauze.
This procedure lasts two to three hours.
After the surgery, you will be in the recovery room under observation by the medical crew to avoid any unfamiliar complications.
You will have discharge tubes, which the surgeon will remove them after a few days.
You will experience swelling in the breast area, which will fade during the first month after the operation.
Keep in mind that you will stay at the hospital for one night or as the doctor’s instructions. So, it would be best if you had someone to be with you, or HayatMed will offer someone to stay with you. Click here to get more information.
Your surgeon will explain what you will need for self-care during the healing period,
- Wear a special bra to support the breast.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid any contact with the breasts area.
- Get enough rest.
- Sleep on your back or sides to avoid any pressure on your breast.
- Avoid lifting heavy things for six weeks.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities for six weeks.
- Reduce smoking as possible.
Furthermore, the surgeon will prescribe a painkiller to take it when it is needed and an antibiotic.
The average recovery time is approximately two weeks; then, you can back to your routine activities.
You may experience some side effects after the surgery,
- Pain and Numbness on your breasts area.
- Changing in sensation in both breasts and nipples.
- Temporary bruising.
- Scars, which may not fade completely.
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia.
Be sure to follow all the surgeon’s instructions to surpass the side effects safely. So, if you feel any unfamiliar complications, call your surgeon immediately.
Although the results of this procedure are immediate, you may need up one month for the complications to fade.
The final results are usually permanent unless some factors affect the breast size and shape like increasing or decreasing in weight or aging process.
Istanbul is the destination for many people who intend to undergo cosmetic procedures. The reasons which stand behind that are the competitive prices and the experienced surgeons in this field.
The cost of Breast Reduction is widely different from one place to another. It depends on some factors like the geographic hospital location, the surgeon’s experience, and the type of procedure.
In general, the price by liposuction is lower than the surgical procedure. For instance, in Turkey, ranges between $2,500 to $3,000, while Liposuction costs about $1,500.
Noteworthy is that the surgery’s cost in some places may not include all fees.
While at HayatMed, the fee package covers all expenses related to the process. We will provide you all services at a one-time charge. Click here to get the exact price or go back to the other breast procedures.
- Beauty & Health (2)
- Botox Injections (1)
- Brazilian Butt Lift (2)
- Breast Augmentation (2)
- Breast Implant (5)
- Breast Lift (2)
- Breast Reduction (1)
- Cancer Treatments (1)
- Dental Treatments (7)
- Dental Veneers (7)
- DHI (1)
- Eyelid Surgery (1)
- Face Aesthetic (2)
- Face Lift (3)
- Fat Transfer (2)
- Fertility Treatments (1)
- FUE (6)
- Gastric Bypass (2)
- Gastric Sleeve (1)
- Genital Procedures (2)
- Hair Transplant (11)
- LASIK (1)
- Liposuction (2)
- Liver Transplant (1)
- Mommy Makeover (1)
- Optics (1)
- Plastic Surgeries (11)
- PRP (1)
- Radiation Therapy (2)
- Rhinoplasty (4)
- Skin Care (3)
- Teeth Whitening (1)
- Tummy Tuck (3)
Get Free Consultation
Share the Article