A breast lift, or known as Mastopexy, is a plastic surgery that aims to raise and reshape your breast by removing the sagging skin and excess tissue.
Due to many factors, your breast loses its elasticity gradually, and start to droop and sag. Breast lift surgery gives the solution to improve your breast shape and restore its youthful appearance.
It is important to know that this procedure reshapes the breast with no changes in size. So, it can be done individually or may be included with Breast Augmentation surgery or Breast Reduction Surgery if necessary.
Before deciding to get the mastopexy surgery, it would be best if you met your surgeon to find out the appropriate procedure for you according to your needs.
Table Of Contents
What causes sagging breasts?
Many factors can cause your breast to droop and stretch,
- Pregnancy: During the pregnancy, the breast bonds expand, and the breast becomes heavier than usual. These changes cause sagging after giving birth.
- Age: as a result of the aging process, the breast bonds stretch gradually, and your breast droops over time.
- Changes in weight: Significant changes in weight cause your breast to sag and stretch.
- Gravity causes saggy boobs.
Saggy breast problem makes many women intend to undergo a breast lift procedure as a solution to this problem.
This procedure is suitable for all ages. However, the surgeon might postpone performing Mastopexy surgery for some reason.
- If you are a teenager and your breast is still growing. It is preferable to wait to have the completed breast shape.
- If you still think of having children, you also need to postpone the surgery.
- If you plan to lose weight, your surgeon will advise you to defer Mastopexy surgery till you reach the desired weight.
Do not rush into a decision to undergo breast lift surgery. Take enough time to find the right plastic surgeon who will determine whether this procedure works for you or not. With HayatMed, be sure you will get the correct diagnosis for your status by the best plastic surgeons in Turkey. Click here to book an appointment for a free consultation.
Preparing for Breast Lift surgery
During the consultation, the surgeon will:
- Check your medical history by asking many questions like your medical problems, previous surgeries, and used medication.
- Examine the breast size, shape, nipple area, and sagging status.
- Ask for a blood test and sometimes ask for an MRI scan.
- Expound the available techniques, expected results, side effects, and risks associated with breast lift procedure.
- Explain all instructions to follow them before and after the process.
On the other hand, you should tell the surgeon all your expectations and what the result you aspire.
Furthermore, be sure that you get all the answers to your questions before leaving the surgeon’s clinic, then you can make the right decision according to the diagnosis.
At the end of the consultation, the surgeon will inform you whether Breast lift surgery can help to solve your breast problems, or you may need another type of breast procedure.
Click here to book a free consultation at HayatMed.
How is Mastopexy surgery done?
This process can be done under local anesthesia or general anesthesia. It lasts for two to three hours.
The surgeon will make an incision to start the procedure.
There are three options of the incision’s location:
- Around the areola area.
- Starting from the area around the areola and towards under the breast (A keyhole-shaped incision).
- T-shaped incision.
Then he/she will remove the loose skin, reshape the breasts, reposition the nipples, and reduce the size of the areola area to fit the new breast shape.
To complete the Breast lift procedure, the surgeon will close the incision with stitches and cover your breasts with gauze.
Recovery after Breast Lift Surgery
After the surgery, you will be in the recovery room under observation by the medical crew. You can go home back on the same day, or you may need to stay for one night at the hospital, depending on the used type of anesthesia.
In case you need to stay at the hospital, it would be best if you had someone to accompany you or HayatMed will offer someone to stay with you. Click here to get more information.
After the surgery, you will have tubes to discharge the blood and fluids. It will be removed after a few days.
You may experience some side effects after Breast Lift surgery.
- Pain and Numbness on your breasts area.
- Bruising and swelling.
- Sensation in both breasts and nipples may change.
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia.
- Permanent Scars, it will be visible but may fade over time.
Most of these side effects are temporary and will fade after almost two weeks. Follow the surgeon’s self-care instruction to ensure a safe healing period.
Some of these tips:
- Wear a supported surgical bra.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid any contact with the breasts.
- Sleep on your back or sides to prevent any pressure on your breast.
- Avoid lifting any things heavy.
- Avoid sex for two weeks.
- Reduce smoking as possible.
- Avoid the sun’s rays.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities.
Furthermore, the surgeon will prescribe a painkiller to take it when it is needed and an antibiotic.
The average recovery timeline after this process is about two weeks. Then you can back to your daily routine. However, ask the doctor when you can do exercises and other physical activities.
Breast Lift Surgery Result
Although the results of Mastopexy surgery are immediate, you need about a month to recuperate from complications.
The final breast shape may take a few months to settle then you enjoy attractive feminine appearance.
In general, this procedure’s results are permanent unless some factors affect breast size and shape like increasing or decreasing in weight or pregnancy.
Breast lift costs
Like any other cosmetic procedure, the cost of this process is various from one place to another, based on many factors like the geographic office location, the surgeon’s experience, and the type of procedure.
Istanbul is the destination for many people who intend to undergo plastic procedures. The reasons which stand behind that are the competitive prices and the highly skilled surgeons in this field.
The average breast lift costs in Turkey ranges between $2,000 to $3,000.
Noteworthy is that the surgery’s cost in some places may not include all fees. While at HayatMed, the fee package covers all expenses related to the process. We will provide you all services at a one-time charge. Click here to get the exact breast lift costs or go back to the other breast procedures.