Neck Lift surgery (also called platysmaplasty) is a surgical process that aims to improve age signs in your neck and jawline to achieve a younger look.
Table Of Contents
Neck Lift Definition
Neck Lift surgery is a desirable procedure for both men and women. It helps to retrieve a more youthful appearance by removing loose skin and fat to pull the area around the jawline and the neck.
Furthermore, Neck Lift surgery can help to solve the double chin problem caused by loose skin in the jawline area.
The surgeon can perform this surgery as a separate process, or as a part of Facelift surgery.
At HayatMed, we have the best cosmetic surgeons in Turkey who have experience in the plastic surgeries generally and especially the Neck lift surgery field. We can guarantee you to get competitive costs besides satisfactory results. Click here to book a free consultation with HayatMed.
Neck Lift Options
Before you decide to undergo a Neck Lift surgery, you must meet your surgeon to know which type of it you need.
There are two options as following:
It is a more extensive type of neck lift surgery, Platysmaplasty focuses on correcting the loose neck muscles.
This procedure focuses on removing excess skin in the jawline and the neck. It is usually a quick process and performed under local anesthesia.
To achieve the best results, the surgeon may use both the above options or choose one of them that will work best for you. Click here for a free consultation with one of the HayatMed plastic surgeons.
Preparing for the Neck Lift surgery
Before scheduling Neck Lift surgery, you must meet with your surgeon to discuss important factors that determine whether the operation is likely to work well for you.
- Getting the decision with the doctor whether the surgery will be under general anesthesia or local anesthesia.
- The surgeon will check your medical history by asking many questions like your medical problems, previous surgeries, and used medication. He/she will make a physical examination and may ask for a blood test.
- The doctor will explain to you whether he/she will perform a Cervicoplasty procedure or a Platysmaplasty procedure depending on your needs.
- The surgeon will take some photos for the area to compare it before and after the surgery.
- You’ll talk about with your surgeon about the reasons why you want this surgery and what you hope to accomplish by having it. It would be best if you spoke honestly to your surgeon about your expectations.
Your surgeon will explain how to prepare for your operation. It is necessary to follow your anesthetist or surgeon’s advice.
Neck Lift procedure
The method will vary depending on what type of Neck lift surgery you need.
If you undergo a Cervicoplasty process, the surgeon will make a small incision under your chin. Then he/she will lift and remove the excess skin. In some cases, the removal of excess skin may be enough to achieve the required results.
Cervicoplasty procedure usually takes approximately one hour.
While if you undergo a Platysmaplasty process, the surgeon will make several incisions under your chin and behind your ears. He/she will tighten the muscles under your neck, then pulling the skin. This procedure may take between three to four hours.
In both types, when the surgeon finishes the procedure, He/she will close the incisions with sutures and wrap your neck in bandages.
Neck Lift complications
Like any surgery, a neck lift may cause some complications which may occur during or after the surgery.
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Bleeding under the skin.
- Visible scarring.
- Nerve harm.
- Blood clots, in rare cases.
Your surgeon will explain to you all the expected side effects during the consultation.
Neck Lift recovery
After the surgery, you may be able to go home back on the same day. However, if you were under general anesthesia, you will need to stay at the hospital at least for one night.
You need to follow the surgeon instructions carefully to expedite the recovery time,
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid any contact with the treated area.
- Try not to move your neck right or left, up or down.
- Try to keep your head and neck upper than the heart to reduce swelling by supporting your head with pillows.
- Avoid the sun rays by wearing sun protection.
- Follow a healthy diet.
In addition to the above tips, the surgeon will describe a painkiller to take it when it is needed and antibiotic ointment.
Keep in mind that you need someone to accompany you at least the first 24 hours after the surgery, or HayatMed will provide someone to stay with you. Click here to get more information.
Neck Lift recovery takes about two weeks. Then you will be able to back to your routine activity.
The side effects after Neck Lift surgery may take a few weeks to disappear then you will start to notice the improvement in the treated zone. However, the final results may take up to six months.
This procedure results are guaranteed, but sometimes it is different from patient to others depending on the case and the nature of the skin. Most people who had Neck Lift surgery were satisfied with the results.
Neck Lift cost
Neck Lift surgery costs may change depending on several factors,
- The surgeon’s subspecialty and his/her experience.
- The type of procedure performed and its complexity.
- The geographic hospital location.
Turkey is one of the best places in the plastic surgery field. There, you can get competitive prices with satisfied results.
This procedure cost arranges between $2,000 to $3,000 in Turkey. While in the USA, the average cost of a neck lift is between $4,000 and $8,000. In European countries, Neck Lift surgery cost 3500 EUR to 7500 EUR.
At HayatMed, the package fee for Neck Lift surgery usually covers all costs of your treatment, such as hospital charges, surgeon’s and anesthetist’s fees and aftercare policy. There will not be any hidden costs following the procedure; we will provide you all services at a one-time charge.
Share The Article