Table Of Contents
What is otoplasty
Otoplasty, commonly known as Ear correction or ear pinning, is a surgical procedure aiming to change the ears’ shape or size or pin them back if they are prominent (Pinnaplasty).
Many people are not happy with their ear’s appearance because they are prominent, damaged, or destroyed. This surgery can have many benefits to self-confidence and facial appearance.
Otoplasty surgery purposes are:
- Prominent ear correction
- Reduce the ‘ size of your ears’ size is large compared with your face.
- Reshape the ears If you have misshapen ears because of an injury.
- Correct the ears’ congenital malformation.
Ear pinning surgery is a common cosmetic process for all ages. It is usually performed after age five, but in some cases, the surgeon may decide to do it before that age.
People who had prominent ear surgery at HayatMed were satisfied with the results. Contact us to get an appointment for a free consultation.
Preparing for surgery
Before scheduling the surgery, you must meet your surgeon to discuss important points that determine whether the surgery works well for you or not.
- The surgeon will check your medical history by asking many questions like your medical problems, previous surgeries, and used medication. He/she will do a physical examination and ask for a blood test. Furthermore, he/she will examine the size, shape, and placement of your ears.
- You and your surgeon will decide whether he/she will perform the fat grafting surgery with local anesthesia or general anesthesia.
- You’ll talk honestly to your surgeon about what you hope to accomplish by having the surgery. It is necessary to know what the expected results are.
The surgeon will also discuss all procedure possible side effects and the risks to be aware of them. He/she will explain to you all the instructions you must follow to be ready for the process.
Every surgical procedure is associated with certain risks. Although ear pinning surgery is a safe procedure, you must understand the expected hazards before deciding to undergo the process.
Otoplasty risks include:
- Asymmetry in the ears’ placement.
- Scars: the scar will not disappear totally, but it will not be visible because of its location behind the ear.
- Changing skin sensation usually takes time to get better. Rarely it may be permanent.
With HayatMed, you can be sure that you will get the best medical services in Turkey besides the affordable costs.
ear correction Surgery
prominent ear techniques differ according to every individual case. Your surgeon will determine how the process will be and which method he/she will use after the consultation.
At HayatMed, we offer you a free consultation with the best plastic surgeons to determine the appropriate procedure for you at affordable prices. Click here to book your appointment immediately.
In general, the surgeon will make an incision behind the ear. Through this incision, he/she will remove the skin or small piece of the cartilage and then reshape the ear to get the required results.
The doctor will use stitches behind the ears to put them in a less prominent position. In the last step, the surgeon will put bandages over the ears for a few days to protect them. The surgery takes approximately one to two hours.
Often you will be able to go back home on the same day unless your surgeon asks you to stay at the hospital for more time.
otoplasty before and after
Ear pinning recovery
After the process, you will be in the recovery room under observation by the medical crew. If everything goes well, you will be able to go home back after a few hours.
It better if you had someone to be with you, or HayatMed will offer someone to stay with you. Click here to get more information.
The surgeon will describe to you a painkiller to use when needed, in addition to other medications like an antibiotic.
You must follow all the aftercare instructions for a quick recovery.
- Avoid sleeping on the sides or pressuring on your ears.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid any contact with the ears area.
Your doctor will remove the bandages after a week. Then you can wash your hair. You can go back to your daily routine after two weeks. However, you must avoid some sports for a few months like swimming.
Otoplasty side effects
Like any other type of operation, ear correction surgery may cause some side effects. For instance:
- Scars behind the ears, which will fade over time.
- prickling in the ears for a few weeks
- numbness in the face and ears for a few days
- bruising around the ears area for a few weeks (Bleeding under the skin)
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia.
Be sure to follow all the surgeon’s tips to surpass the complications safely.
prominent ear surgery results
You can notice the effect directly after removing the bandages. However, sometimes, you may need to wait for more time until all the complications disappear.
A pinnaplasty is a safe procedure; its result is permeant and satisfactory.
The cost varies from one clinic to another.
Some factors determine the price of this process like:
- The procedure varies from one case to another, and the cost depends on the complexity of the surgery.
- The geographical location.
- The surgeon’s experience.
The average cost of ear correction surgery is $3,156 in the USA, according to 2018 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. While in the UK, ear pinning cost ranges between £2,500 to £3,500
Turkey is the destination for many people who intend to perform cosmetic surgeries. The reasons which stand behind that are the affordable prices and the experienced surgeons. The Otoplasty cost in Turkey between $1,200 to $2,000
HayatMed for Cosmetic Surgeries, located in Istanbul, is highly experienced in performing all types of plastic surgeries with satisfactory results according to our patients’ evaluations. In addition to the competitive costs.
Share the Article