Enhancing confidence and others’ perception often hinges on our appearance. Some individuals grapple with self-consciousness about their noses, prompting them to consider cosmetic surgery for a confidence boost.
Among the prevalent cosmetic procedures, rhinoplasty stands out, offering a path to reshape and restructure the nose.
Within rhinoplasty, there are two primary approaches: open and closed. This guide will delve into the specifics of closed rhinoplasty.
What Is Closed Rhinoplasty?
Closed rhinoplasty, or endonasal rhinoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure done with incisions inside the nose, leaving minimal visible scarring.
While it offers the advantage of no external incisions, it requires a surgeon with advanced skills and experience due to limited visibility and access to the nasal structure.
The Best Candidates for a Closed Nose Job
Not everyone is suitable for closed rhinoplasty. The ideal candidate for this type of procedure is someone who meets the following criteria:
- Ideal candidates for this procedure are typically in their mid-20s or older with fully developed facial structures.
- Preoperative medical evaluation ensures overall good health, free from conditions that might affect the surgery.
- Quitting smoking several weeks before surgery reduces risks and promotes better healing.
- Patients with realistic appearance improvement goals and a positive outlook tend to be more satisfied with the surgery’s results.
Closed vs. Open Rhinoplasties – Which Is Right for You?
To understand the difference between these techniques, we elaborate on some points.
1. Closed Rhinoplasty: Minimal Visibility, Ideal for Minor Corrections
In a closed nose surgery, the surgeon makes small incisions inside the nose, which are not visible externally.
This approach is typically preferred for minor corrections, such as addressing bridge humps or making subtle changes to the nasal tip. It offers discreet results.
2. Open Rhinoplasty: Precision for Complex Cases
Open rhinoplasty offers greater precision, making it suitable for complex cases and challenging nasal structures. This technique involves making a small incision beneath the nose to lift the skin and gain better views of underlying structures.
Though this process may leave behind an unsightly scar, the benefits include enhanced visibility when performing intricate adjustments.
Choosing the Right Procedure
There is no universally correct solution when choosing between closed and open rhinoplasty procedures; both options have distinct advantages and disadvantages.
Under the care of an experienced surgeon, open and closed rhinoplasty can both be equally safe; however, many patients prefer closed for its discreet results and quick timeframe. Your choice depends entirely on your unique requirements and that of your surgeon.
Aspect Closed Rhinoplasty Open Rhinoplasty
Incision Placement Inside the nose, not externally visible Small incision under the nose, may result in a small, inconspicuous scar
Visibility Limited visibility of nasal structures Enhanced visibility of nasal structures
Suitable for Complex Cases Ideal for minor corrections Better suited for complex cases and challenging nasal structures
Precision Limited precision for intricate adjustments Offers greater precision for detailed modifications
Recovery Time Generally, faster recovery Slightly longer recovery due to more extensive approach
Patient Preference Preferred for discreet and quick results Chosen for its precision, even with potential for a small scar
Expertise Required Requires a skilled surgeon for optimal results Demands a high level of surgical expertise
Read Also: A Guide To Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty And Its Benefits
The Surgical Procedure for a closed nose surgery
In a closed nose job, all incisions are made inside the nostrils, avoiding the need for an external incision like in open rhinoplasty. This technique maintains the nose’s closed structure, with work performed through narrow nostril openings. While it limits visibility and access, specialized tools like nasal speculums are used to aid in reshaping the nose.
Before surgery, the surgeon develops a precise plan, examining the patient’s nasal structure and discussing desired changes. This plan considers the patient’s preferences, such as bridge shape, nostril size, and other desired modifications.
how is rhinoplasty done
Best Surgeons in Turkey at affordable prices
Packages include medical fees, hospital accommodation, airport transfers, and personal host.
Benefits of Closed Rhinoplasty
Here are the benefits of closed rhinoplasty:
- No Visible Scarring: The closed technique leaves no external scars since all incisions are made inside the nostrils, appealing to those concerned about scars or self-conscious about their noses.
- Reduced Nasal Tip Swelling: This technique typically results in less nasal tip swelling because it involves less trauma to that area, leading to a more comfortable recovery.
- Faster Recovery: A closed nose job provides faster recovery compared to other procedures due to its minimally invasive nature, enabling patients to return to regular activities more quickly after treatment.
- Lower Complication Risk: Laser surgery carries lower risks of complications, such as bleeding, infection, and nerve damage, compared to traditional surgeries – making it safer for patients with existing medical conditions.
- Customized Results: Closed rhinoplasty provides surgeons with great versatility, enabling them to produce tailored outcomes according to each individual patient’s aesthetic and functional goals.
What is the disadvantage of a closed nose job?
This technique makes all incisions inside the nose less invasive and less visible scarring. However, there are some disadvantages to this technique, such as:
- Limited surgical access within the nostrils can complicate the correction of complex deformities.
- Closed nose surgery may limit precision in nasal tip modifications.
- Longer surgery times and increased risk of complications can result from limited access and visibility in closed procedures.
Recovery Time and Care After a Closed Rhinoplasty
- Surgery duration varies from 30 to 90 minutes, depending on complexity.
- Nasal bones may take approximately 6 weeks to heal after the procedure.
Initial Recovery (5-7 Days):
- Many candidates can return to work after one week.
- Avoid strenuous activities like heavy lifting, exercise, or bending over to prevent bleeding and complications.
- Initially, avoid activities such as blowing your nose, taking showers, and wearing glasses, as they may affect the healing process.
- Immediately after surgery, expect common symptoms like swelling, bruising, and discomfort.
- Many patients can return to work within a week.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities such as heavy lifting and vigorous exercise.
- Be cautious with glasses to avoid putting pressure on the nose.
- Refrain from blowing your nose.
- Follow medication instructions for pain and swelling relief.
HayatMed Clinic, located in Istanbul/Turkey, is highly experienced in performing plastic surgery with satisfactory results and affordable cost, according to patients’ evaluations.
Weeks 5-8 and Beyond:
- Swelling continues to improve over time.
- Gradually ease back into exercise routines with gentle exercise.
- Schedule follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor progress.
- For long-term care, avoid excessive sun exposure, protect your nose, and follow your surgeon’s instructions.
Note: Recovery experiences can vary between individuals, so always consult your surgeon for personalized guidance during your closed nose surgery recovery.
Possible Complications of a Closed Rhinoplasty
- Common Complications: The most typical complications include bleeding, infection, and adverse reactions to anesthesia.
- Manageable but Impactful: While treatable, these complications can extend the recovery period and cause inconvenience.
- Reduce Risks:
- Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.
- Adhere to aftercare instructions.
- Promptly seek advice if anything appears amiss.
Can Revision Rhinoplasty Be Closed?
Revision rhinoplasty can be performed using a closed approach if feasible, but the complexity of the case may require an open technique.
Does closed rhinoplasty need stitches?
Closed nose job typically does not require stitches for its small incisions inside the nose, though dissolvable sutures may be utilized; external stitches, though less common, might reinforce nasal bridge or tip structures and could potentially be removed after several days, depending on the individual patient needs and the surgeon’s decision.
Closed rhinoplasty results
At HayatMed Clinic, closed nose surgery delivers remarkable results. This minimally invasive procedure yields natural-looking outcomes with minimal scarring, offering patients improved nasal aesthetics and functionality. Our skilled surgeons specialize in closed nose jobs, ensuring that each patient achieves their desired appearance while experiencing a swift and comfortable recovery process. Trust HayatMed Clinic for outstanding closed rhinoplasty results that enhance both form and function.
Read Also: Ethnic Rhinoplasty: Is It Right For You?
rhinoplasty in Turkey Before and After
Is closed rhinoplasty more expensive?
Closed rhinoplasty doesn’t necessarily cost more than open rhinoplasty. The price depends on factors like the surgeon’s skill, procedure complexity, location, and anesthesia type.
In closed rhinoplasty, incisions are inside the nostrils, while open rhinoplasty adds a nostril skin incision for better visibility. This extra step can extend surgery time and require more resources.
However, cost differences between open and closed nose jobs may be minor. Surgeon expertise matters most in pricing. Don’t choose based on cost alone; find a skilled surgeon who can advise on the right procedure for your needs.
HayatMed clinic, located in Istanbul/Turkey, is highly experienced in performing plastic surgery with satisfactory results and affordable cost, according to patients’ evaluations.
What is the average cost of closed rhinoplasty in Turkey?
As of 2023, closed rhinoplasty in Turkey costs approximately $3,076 on average, covering surgeon, anesthesia, medication, and facility expenses. Prices may vary based on the clinic’s reputation, location, and procedure complexity. Costs can range from $2,861 to $3,292. Individual needs and surgery type also influence pricing.
Rhinoplasty in Turkey is popular and affordable due to experienced surgeons and modern facilities.
What is the average cost of closed rhinoplasty in the United States?
Rhinoplasty costs vary widely based on factors like surgeon expertise, location, procedure complexity, and additional fees, and in the US, closed rhinoplasty averages $5,000 to $25,000. The higher end often reflects complex procedures or renowned surgeons. Research surgeons, get multiple quotes, and understand all fees. Insurance typically doesn’t cover cosmetic rhinoplasty unless it’s medically necessary, like for breathing issues or trauma-related deformities.
What is the average cost of closed rhinoplasty in the United Kingdom?
The cost of rhinoplasty in the UK can vary based on various factors, such as:
- The surgeons’ experience,
- The location of the clinic,
- And the complexity of the procedure.
Typically, prices range from £4,000 to £7,000 or even higher for this service. It’s important to note that this is a rough estimate, and your actual expenses may differ depending on your individual case and the clinic you choose.
how to choose the best-closed rhinoplasty surgeon
Here are the top 5 important factors for choosing the best-closed rhinoplasty surgeon:
- Prioritize surgeons with extensive closed nose job experience.
- Read reviews from past patients at HayatMed Clinic.
- Ensure the surgeon is board-certified in relevant specialties.
- Examine their portfolio of before-and-after photos from previous patients.
- Schedule a consultation to discuss your goals and assess their communication and understanding.
What is the success rate of Closed rhinoplasty?
Closed rhinoplasty typically has a high success rate, around 80-90%. This technique offers advantages like minimal swelling, bruising, and faster recovery compared to open rhinoplasty. It allows precise adjustments without visible scars. However, the surgeon’s skill plays a crucial role in success. Choose an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon and follow post-op care for the best results.
While it can be tempting to dive straight into choosing between closed or open rhinoplasty, it’s essential that you first research each procedure’s details. Closed rhinoplasty offers discrete results quickly while being relatively safe – though a highly qualified surgeon must be sought to prevent complications from developing.
Adherence to aftercare instructions, refraining from engaging in heavy physical activities that could aggravate symptoms, and being patient during the healing period are key elements to ensure a faster recovery.
Contact Us Today
Closed Rhinoplasty FAQs.
Does closed rhinoplasty heal faster?
Yes, closed rhinoplasty often heals faster due to smaller incisions and reduced tissue trauma.
How does closed rhinoplasty work?
Closed rhinoplasty involves incisions inside the nostrils to reshape the nose without external cuts.
Is closed or open rhinoplasty better?
The choice between closed or open rhinoplasty depends on individual needs; closed is less invasive, while open offers more visibility for complex cases.
Is closed rhinoplasty safer than open?
Closed rhinoplasty is generally considered safer, as it reduces the risk of external scarring and has a lower risk of complications.
Is closed rhinoplasty cheaper than open?
Yes, closed rhinoplasty can be more cost-effective than open rhinoplasty due to shorter surgical time and reduced anesthesia costs.
Does a closed rhinoplasty show bruising?
Closed rhinoplasty may show less bruising compared to open rhinoplasty, but the extent of bruising can vary from person to person.