Septorhinoplasty surgery is a surgical procedure that function of the nose. It involves two procedures: septoplasty, which addresses breathing issues from a deviated septum, and rhinoplasty, which enhances the nose’s aesthetic qualities.
This surgery can help people with breathing difficulties due to a deviated septum and those seeking improved nose aesthetics. The procedures are safe and effective, often changing lives for the better.
What Is Septorhinoplasty?
Septoplasty and rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery to reshape the nose and forehead. It can be done in two ways: open or closed. In the closed method, incisions are made inside the nose, while the open method involves cutting from the outside to access the nose.
The open method is more commonly used for both aesthetic and medical reasons.
How does a septorhinoplasty work?
Septoplasty and rhinoplasty procedures aim to reshape the nose by adjusting its cartilage. If there’s a nose bump, it can be removed, and re-positioning broken septa can reduce prominence. For a deviated septum, cartilage and bone might be shifted to align the two sides. In summary, septorhinoplasty varies based on individual needs.
How long is septoplasty and rhinoplasty surgery?
Septorhinoplasty procedures usually last one to two hours, depending on the specific surgery. Patients spend a couple of hours in the surgeon’s office for preparation. After the surgery, patients receive a nose splint to keep the nose straight during healing and a painkiller prescription.
What is the recovery process after the procedure?
Healing usually takes about two weeks for incisions. Follow your surgeon’s instructions for a faster rhinoplasty recovery. It’s normal to have some blood and fluid in your nose during this time, but it will go away.
Be patient—initially, you might feel pain, swelling, and pressure in your nose, but these symptoms should get better. After a couple of weeks, you can go back to your regular activities.
Related Post: Tips For Quick Septoplasty Recovery
How do you choose the septorhinoplasty surgeons?
Finding The Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon is important. Follow these tips:
- Check the surgeon’s credentials—make sure they’re board-certified in plastic surgery.
- Choose a surgeon with extensive experience in septoplasty and rhinoplasty to ensure they understand the procedures well.
- Review their before-and-after portfolio to gauge their skills and potential results.
- Read patient reviews to assess their professionalism and outcomes.
Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty cost
The cost of septorhinoplasty at Hayatmed Clinic depends on the surgery’s extent and your individual needs.
A personalized consultation is vital for an accurate cost estimate. Hayatmed is committed to transparent pricing, ensuring each patient receives the best, uniquely tailored care.
How much does septorhinoplasty cost in Turkey?
In Turkey, septorhinoplasty typically costs about $3,000, varying based on the surgery type and surgeon’s expertise, while the average cost of rhinoplasty Optimal results in any cosmetic procedure hinge on choosing an experienced surgeon. Generally, septorhinoplasty in Turkey is more affordable than in the United States.
What about the cost of septoplasty and rhinoplasty in the United States?
In the U.S., it usually costs around $8,000, with variations based on the surgeon and factors like anesthesia. The cost difference between Turkey and the U.S. is mainly due to the lower cost of living. While septorhinoplasty in Turkey is more affordable, it may come with a lower level of service.
Should I get a rhinoplasty and a septoplasty at the same time?
Rhinoplasty is often combined with septoplasty to simplify and shorten the procedure.
However, there are key differences. A nose job is more complex, requiring an overnight hospital stay, while septoplasty is less invasive and can be done as an outpatient procedure.
When deciding between them, it’s crucial to understand these procedural distinctions.
Related Post: Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in The World
turkey nose job before and after
Best Surgeons in Turkey at affordable prices
Packages include medical fees, hospital accommodation, airport transfers, and personal host.
What are the risks?
There are many risks involved with the surgery, such as:
- Surgery has risks, but many patients think the benefits are worth it.
- Risks: infection, bleeding, swelling.
- You might feel dizzy or nauseous temporarily, but it usually gets better in a few days.
- If pain lasts, talk to your doctor about treatment options.
- Blood in saliva is common, usually going away in a few days.
- Eating and drinking could be hard for a while.
Related Post: Tip Plasty Surgery
Septorhinoplasty process from A to Z
1. What can I expect Before surgery?
- Your surgeon will check your nose’s health with a CT scan or endoscopy.
- An endoscope will be used to examine your nose’s inside and discuss surgery goals, expectations, and risks.
- You’ll get advice on whether septorhinoplasty is the right procedure for you.
Related Post: Asian Bulbous Nose Rhinoplasty
2. What can I expect During surgery?
- The surgery takes about 30 minutes and involves a small incision behind the nostrils.
- The cartilage inside the septum is repositioned for a straightened nose using open septorhinoplasty or closed rhinoplasty techniques.
- Excess tissue may be removed, and ear or rib support might be added.
- After surgery, avoid strenuous activity, keep incisions dry, and follow medication guidelines.
Related Post: Ultrasonic Nose Job Price
3. Immediately After Surgery
- The first 24 hours are critical, with close monitoring.
- Possible dizziness, nausea, and breathing difficulty can occur.
- Medication is given to manage pain and swelling, with dressings to prevent infection.
- Antibiotics are prescribed, and you’ll receive instructions for home care.
4. 1-21 Days After Surgery & Beyond
- Expect swelling and bruising for several days; keep the site clean.
- Apply antibiotic ointment, limit activities, and be aware of altered smell temporarily.
- Some discomfort is normal in the first weeks.
- Return to work after a few weeks, but listen to your body.
- Schedule a one-month follow-up appointment to track healing progress.
How much bleeding is normal after septoplasty?
The bleeding you experience after septoplasty depends on the procedure. Expect some bleeding, oozing from incisions, and a bit of blood in your throat. If there’s a lot of bleeding, it might indicate an issue; contact your doctor immediately.
Although surgery can be worrisome, septoplasty is generally safe. With a skilled surgeon and good preparation, you can achieve great results. Follow your doctor’s advice to minimize risks like excessive bleeding and infection, ensuring a beautiful new smile.
Related Post: Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery
How do I clean my nose after septoplasty?
Many wonder how to clean their nose after nose surgeries. The simple advice is not to worry about cleaning it; attempting to do so can harm the new cartilage. If your nose feels congested, use a saline spray to clear it.
Consider adjusting your diet to naturally clear your sinuses. Stay well-hydrated to flush out toxins causing congestion. Additionally, ensure you get 6-8 hours of sleep each night to help your body remove toxins and stay healthy.
Related Post: How Much is Ethnic Rhinoplasty in Turkey
If you think your nose or its bridge is damaged, contact a cosmetic surgeon for septorhinoplasty advice. This procedure is for all ages and can greatly boost your self-image.
Check “before and after septorhinoplasty” for dramatic results in photos. Remember, septoplasty and rhinoplasty, though beneficial, has surgical risks.
How long is septorhinoplasty surgery?
Septorhinoplasty procedures usually last one to two hours, depending on the specific surgery. Patients spend a couple of hours in the surgeon’s office for preparation.
After the surgery, patients receive a nose splint to keep the nose straight during healing and a painkiller prescription.
Who performs septorhinoplasty?
To ensure quality care for septorhinoplasty, choose a board-certified cosmetic surgeon experienced in this procedure. A qualified surgeon ensures correct surgery, smooth healing, and the best possible outcome.
Does insurance cover septoplasty or septorhinoplasty?
Cosmetic procedures like septoplasty are usually considered elective, meaning insurance won’t cover them. You’ll need to pay the full cost upfront. If you have savings, it’s a good time to proceed and fix your septum. If funds are tight, consider financing options.
Many financing plans are available, so shop around to find the best one for you.
How can I manage nasal congestion?
After septoplasty, you might experience increased nose congestion due to stitches holding your septum. It’s a common side effect that usually improves in a few weeks. Drink enough water, skip dairy, and use a humidifier at night to ease it.
If the congestion persists, talk to your doctor. They can suggest medication to reduce nasal swelling, making it easier to breathe and clear any built-up mucus.
This article was Medically reviewed by Dr. Samet Cagri Coskun