Losing hair is unfortunate for both men and women alike, but various treatments exist to address it. FUE hair transplant has become an increasingly popular solution among those hoping to restore their natural look and boost confidence – but what exactly is an FUE transplant?
This guide thoroughly explores FUE hair transplantation – its risks, benefits, potential candidates, and how to maximize results – making this an essential read if FUE transplanting appeals. If an FUE transplant sounds appealing but needs additional details, keep reading the article!
What Is FUE Hair Transplant?
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is an advanced solution to hair loss. It is an aesthetic hair follicle transplant operation performed under local anesthesia to treat hair loss problems and baldness permanently.
FUE technique stands for follicular unit extraction randomly. It is a method of graft harvesting hair from the donor area with less noticeable thinning of the area and implanting them into recipient sites along the hairline.
This technique creates a permanent, natural-looking solution to hair loss that does not leave any visible scars, with a fast recovery timeline and minimal discomfort for patients who opt for the procedure.
Before deciding, consider speaking to your doctor and thoroughly researching the available procedures to determine which works best for you.
HayatMed Clinic, located in Istanbul/Turkey, is highly experienced in performing hair transplant surgery with satisfactory results and affordable cost, according to patients’ evaluations. We offer a free consultation on WhatsApp, or contact us by filling out the form.
Read also: Best Hair Transplant in Turkey.
Ideal Candidates for FUE Hair Transplant
FUE transplant is an innovative procedure with natural-looking results; however, only some people experiencing hair loss may qualify as the ideal candidate.
Here are some factors that help to determine the suitable candidates for FUE hair transplants:
Health and Age
In general, hair loss affects people between 35 and 65 years old. But still, there are people whose hair starts thinning at a younger age.
A suitable candidate for the FUE technique is over 25 years of age because hair loss has stabilized at this age, and specialists can establish its pattern.
Furthermore, general health is another factor that determines eligibility for this method. The ideal candidate has to be in good health to qualify.
Hair Thickness in the Donor Area
FUE hair transplant procedure is performed by extracting follicular units from the donor area, usually at the back of the head, and then transplanting them to areas where thinning has occurred.
Therefore, the suitable candidate must have enough donor hair to ensure the procedure’s success. In addition, the quality and the hair’s health in the donor area help determine the eligibility for this process.
To determine if you are a candidate for the procedure, you must determine the causes of baldness or hair loss. Suitable candidates for the procedure are those who have:
- Men or women with male or female pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia).
- Individuals with hair loss due to injury, burns, or surgery.
- Individuals with traction alopecia are caused by continuous pulling or tension on the hair.
- People suffer from alopecia areata, which causes hair loss in patches.
Read also: How To Get A Hair Transplant On A Scar.
The Different Types of FUE Hair Transplants
FUE hair transplant procedures come in two main varieties:
Manual FUE involves extracting each follicle from the donor area before transplanting them individually into the recipient area with extreme care to avoid damaging follicles or surrounding tissues. This procedure requires precise precision and skillful execution to minimize damage to these follicles or surrounding tissue.
Robotic hair transplant utilizes an advanced computer-controlled robot to harvest hair grafts more precisely and efficiently, producing smaller incisions than manual methods, less trauma to surrounding tissue, faster healing times, and more natural results. Furthermore, robotic technology’s precision allows fewer grafts than manual methods are necessary for desired outcomes, saving both money and time!
Read also: DHI hair transplant.
Best Surgeons In Turkey At Affordable Prices
Packages include medical fees, accommodation, airport transfers, and personal host.
How FUE Hair Transplant Works
FUE transplant is a surgical procedure that is performed under local anesthesia. It involves collecting hair follicles from the donor area — generally, the back or sides of the head— opening channels to the targeted recipient area using a specialized tool called an extraction punch and then transplanting the follicles into channels.
The procedure usually takes between 4-6 hours. Once completed, patients can typically return to normal activities within 24 hours or less—with no painful recovery period or risk of infection.
According to patients’ evaluations, HayatMed Clinic, located in Istanbul/Turkey, is highly experienced in performing hair transplant surgery with satisfactory results and affordable costs. If you need to know more about the procedure, we offer a free consultation on WhatsApp, or contact us by filling out the form.
Read also: How Does A Hair Transplant Work?
Aftercare for FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
Following your Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant, it is crucial to follow the right post-treatment to ensure maximum healing and optimal results. Here’s a basic day-to-day routine for post-care following FUE hair transplants:
- The importance of sleep: getting enough rest in the initial few days following the procedure is essential for quick recovery.
- Avoid touching, and do not scratch the area you transplanted to prevent the grafts from being removed.
- Make sure to protect the donor’s region. The donor’s area has been cut. You’ll need to shield it from harm to your skin and dust by putting on a loose-fitting cap or applying sunscreen.
- Drugs: Follow the physician’s instructions regarding prescription painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Redness and swelling: Redness and swelling are frequent during this period. Apply cold compresses and follow the recommendations of your doctor to ease the symptoms.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol since they could slow healing.
- Sleeping position: Your head should rest on two pillows to avoid swelling.
- Washing with care: Following your doctor’s instructions, wash the area you’ve been grafted in. Apply a gentle shampoo and adhere to your doctor’s advice to ensure the grafts do not damage.
- Avoid intense workouts and heavy lifting or any exercise that boosts blood flow to your scalp.
- Avoid scratching. The itching can be long-lasting. But, it’s best not to scratch since it may cause injury in the Grafts.
- Avoid Swimming: Don’t go to hot tubs, pools, or any body of water during the first week.
- Continue taking your medication as recommended by your doctor.
- It is possible to resume routine activities gradually. It is advised to stay clear of extreme exercise or any other activity that could cause grafts to be removed.
- Avoid exposing yourself to direct Sun exposure. Covering the areas of transplantation and donors from direct sunlight with caps and sunscreen is a good idea.
- Shed loss and scabbing of hair transplanted is normal. Consult your doctor on the best method to eliminate the scabs without causing damage.
- Hair growth There is a chance that you will experience the loss of hair transplants in this period. This is common in the process. It is normal for hair to begin expanding over the next few months.
- Returning to Normal Activity: You can begin your exercise routine and routine. But, you should not perform intense or hard exercise routines.
- Be patient: Take your time when new hair growth starts to show. Initial growth may seem thin. But it will become thicker with time.
- Hair care: Take a gentle approach to your hair using shampoos, and stay clear of harsh chemicals.
- Do not apply hair treatments: Don’t dye, perm, or apply any other hair treatment during this period.
Read also: FUE Hair Transplant Growth.
- Greater Visibility: Your new hair increase will be more obvious.
- Haircuts: Consider cutting your hair to create and style it.
- Final FUE hair transplant results will be more evident after 12 months.
Be aware that the timeframe for each patient’s healing may differ, so it’s essential to follow the surgeon’s directions and make sure you attend each subsequent appointment.
It would be better to talk with your doctor if you have any questions or concerns regarding your chosen treatment plan.
Read also: When Can I Cut My Hair After FUE?
Turkey hair transplant before and after
hair transplant in turkey reviews
Such an amazing experience from start to finish. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and so accommodating and hospitable. Everything was seamless, from the transfers, to the hotel to the consultation with the doctor, the surgery as well as the hospital stay. I had an absolutely amazing experience and am happy with the final results.
This place is just great ! The service is awesome they are super helpful especially if you came from another country would definitely recommend!!
Best experience ever, excellent service, excellent results! I have been treated with care. It was perfect in all the details. I recommend it 100000000%.
I would like to thank the staff for all… I would like to thank the staff for all great job and taking care during my visit and operation. Excellent results that better than i expected.
FUE Hair Transplant Side Effects and Risks
FUE hair transplants usually involve only minimal risks and side effects: You might experience slight numbness or tingling at the surgery site, swelling in some follicles, crusting or crusted, itching, or minor discomfort – these symptoms are all completely normal post-surgery reactions and should quickly subside on their own.
FUE hair transplantation is minimally invasive; your scalp should only experience pinpoint scarring after completing the transplantation process. Plus, this technique preserves most follicles in donor areas to give a natural-looking hairline. It does not involve stitching or staples that would be necessary with other methods of hair transplantation.
Read also: Is hair transplant safe?
FUE Hair transplant cost
The FUE hair transplant cost varies based on some factors such as:
- The clinic’s location and reputation.
- Surgeon’s experience.
- The number of grafts that are needed.
Recently, Turkey has been the most popular destination for people who want to undergo plastic surgery, including hair transplantation. This is due to the high-quality medical services and the competitive prices compared to other countries such as the USA or the UK.
Read also: Hair Transplant Cost In Turkey.
A FUE hair transplant cost in Turkey ranges from $1,500 to $3,500. While a FUE transplant in the UK costs between £4500 to £7,000, and in the USA, it can range from $7,000 to $10,000. It means that the price tends across both regions to be higher than in Turkey due to the higher operational costs and expenses.
Be sure to seek a qualified hair transplant surgeon who can evaluate your needs and give you an estimate that is specific to your needs. Additionally, it’s a good idea to conduct research and read reviews of surgeons and clinics to ensure you’re making the best decision regarding the procedure.
Read also: Hair Transplant Cost.
Contact Us Today
Frequently Asked Questions
Is FUE Hair Transplant Permanent?
Yes, FUE hair transplant results should be seen as permanent. Transplanted follicles generally remain resistant to hormones associated with hair loss and should continue growing in their new locations.
Is FUE Hair Transplant Painful?
The FUE procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia, so you should not feel perceptible pain.
During the recovery, you may experience some discomfort; however, it can be managed with a prescribed painkiller.
Does FUE Hair Transplant leave scars?
FUE leaves small, dot-like scars where individual follicles are extracted. However, these tend to be less noticeable than the linear scar left by FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation), particularly if your hair remains at an appropriate length.
What is the difference between FUE and FUT hair transplants?
FUE and FUT, commonly used methods of hair transplantation, are two popular techniques.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) involves extracting individual follicles directly from the donor area to leave small, scattered scars. In contrast, FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) involves taking a strip from the donor to remove follicles and dissect them into individual units.
Typically, FUE leaves smaller scars while leaving linear scars. Thus, FUT may offer a higher yield but leave an obvious linear scar behind.
Read also: DHI Vs. FUE Hair Transplant Which Is Better?
What is the success rate of FUE hair transplants?
FUE transplant procedure has the highest success rates at around 95% – 100%. This rate works because a FUE method is considered successful when upwards of 60-70% of hair grafts survive.
What are the disadvantages of the FUE hair transplant?
The major disadvantage of the FUE method is that the donor area size and density dictate the number of grafts the surgeon can harvest, so it often yields fewer grafts than the FUT technique. Also, grafts are more exposed to damage compared to strip FUT. Finally, graft quality corresponds to the surgeon’s experience and skill.